If you saw yesterday's post, you noticed two similar cards with similar attributes, but different looks. Today's card has the same basic look, but with different colors, it gives the card a whole different feel.The bird, (from Unity again) only has two colors in it to bring out the colors in the papers and the ribbon. It's a bit more mature, and after all, J is mature! She is one of my best friends and she always is looking at things from different perspectives. If I see a centipede, I say, "YUCK!". If she sees a centipede, she will tell you how useful they are in the bug world. She isn't a know-it-all or anything, that's just how she is.
Just like yesterday's card, I colored the bird in with my Prisma pencils and cut it out with my Nestabilities. With only two colors being used, the card looks a little more monochromatic rather than colorful. And with the colors being in the papers and ribbon, the bird appears to be more of an accent, although it is still a focal point.
Again, I used Ranger Stickles on a few points on the bird - because you can never have too much sparkle. Well, you can have too much sparkle. If the card was all Stickles, that would be too much sparkle. And it would be gaudy and appear that a small child had gotten into your supply of Stickles and went crazy on your card when you weren't looking. So I take that back - yes, you CAN have too much sparkle!And finally, I used the same format as yesterday's card and decorated the inside. These two cards were very easy to make and have a simple layout, but look completely different from each other. It took me about 10 minutes per card which I really like when I have to do more than one.
That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:
Post a Comment