Monday, October 20, 2008

Grateful!

The best way I know how to pull myself out of a slump is to do what I love to do. So I made a card! Big surprise there! I purposely used the First Fruits set by PTI because of the one simple word: GRATEFUL. And as I was making it, I thought about all the things I can be and SHOULD be grateful for. No, I'm not going to make a list of things of what I should be grateful for - that's not me - I know what they are and everyone who happens upon this blog has their own list for their own reasons. But I will share the card with you!

This is a small-ish size card - 4.25" square. And because I don't own any envelopes that size, I had to make one to fit using Lauren Meader's envelope formula. I am mathematically challenged, but even I can follow her formula. It works for ANY size card, so give it a try!

I'm not crazy about the green ribbon, but it adds a touch of color to the card and in real life is not so GREEN! The little charms are hung off of a cut out that I made with my Cricut using jump rings. A little secret for you from my jewelry making crafty phase - don't try to pull the jump rings apart by pulling it apart from the left and right. Just split them open by pushing one side forward (away from you) and one side towards you. Close the jump ring the reverse of the way you opened it. You will preserve the shape of the jump ring by doing this.

I first sponged around the outside of the cutout with SU! ink to give it a bit of dimension. Then I used eyelets to make sure my jump rings didn't tear through the paper. I stamped the leaves from the First Fruits set onto shrink plastic in several different shades of ink to give them a fall-type effect. You can see a close up here:

I love how they 'dangle' across the card front!! I also added two lines with my Scor-Pal. I know I'm not using my Scor-Pal as much as I could be, but I'm learning! I added the leaf in the back because I thought card front needed to be brightened a bit more.

And finally the envelope and of course, I had to make a sticker to make sure the envelope was sealed!


Thanks for stopping in! Until next time, I hope you create!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Pam - love those wee charms and the envelope looks real neat.