It's okay. But the ribbon is distracting to me. It takes away from the Unity bird with the flourishes coming out of it's rear end. And after all, what's a bird without SOMETHING coming out of it's rear end! (Trust me, I have two birds!) But the bird is really supposed to be the focal point and somehow, the ribbon got all that attention.But the bird is very cool. I stamped it three times. First, directly onto the PTI kraft cardstock. The second and third times were stamped on PTI Vintage Cream cardstock. The two that were stamped on the cream were cut out and then a tiny little snip of SU! dimensionals were layered between the kraft, the first cutout in cream and the second cutout in cream. A little bit better visual of this here:

But again, the ribbon distracted from the bird. So, I decided I needed some black and cream dotted ribbon to go with the black and cream dotted bird. I had black and white dotted ribbon, but no black and cream dotted ribbon. So what's a chick to do? Go out and buy some? No, it's 11:30 at night. Go borrow some from a neighbor? No, not a single soul in my neighborhood stamps, let alone have black and cream ribbon for me to borrow. Besides, it's 11:30 at night and this isn't a cup of sugar we are talking about! Wait until tomorrow and go to the local craft store? No! I cannot wait! I'm impatient - I must have it NOW! So what did I do? I took my Tim Holtz for Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink and schmeared it all over my black and white dotted ribbon until the white dots appeared to be cream!
And now the ribbon doesn't distract from the bird, nor the sentiment:
I used my Scor-Pal to 'frame in' the sentiment, purposely leaving the parallel lines off-set in length to each other to give it a subtle bit of character. TTFN!

1 comment:
very pretty!!! love how you did the bird!!!!! great job!!!
Cheryl
Post a Comment