Monday, September 8, 2008

The 'Other Man' in My Life

I made a mention to the 'Other Man' that entered my life in my post from September 1st entitled, 'Mix It UP!'. Some have wondered who the 'Other Man' is and I can proudly tell you about him here! He is my husband's Uncle, who, in the 15 years that I've known my husband and the 7 years that I've been married to him, I have NEVER met!

His name is M. and he has had a wonderful and storied history in his 78 years! I got to learn about him and listen to his stories on August 31st at his sister's house (my hubby's Mom, my Mother-In-Law).

I lOvE to listen to people older than me and hear them talk stories and reminisce about people, places and things. I love nostalgia and especially stories from genealogy - family anecdotes and tales. Well, M. has it ALL!!!

After talking with him for a while, I learned that he has taken up sky diving. YEP - jumping out of airplanes and letting loose a parachute at 78 years young!!! Good golly - I can't get up two rungs of a ladder, let alone JUMP WILLINGLY from an airplane!! He has jumped enough times in tandem, so that he only needs to jump tandem one more time, and then he can jump solo. He is saving the solo jump to do when he hits 80!!! God lOvE this Man!

I truly wish I had met him earlier. But now that I have met him, he will be in my life with all kinds of crazy correspondence from me, because he has etched his way into my heart!

No comments: