Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lovin' from the oven!

I made myself step away from the red and pink/brown combinations that I've been doing so often lately and choose some colors that I like but don't often play with. I was inspired by the Prima flowers that I used on this card.

There is a lot going on this little card, that only measures 3-1/2 x 4-5/8 and it opens on the left where the ribbon is tied. I have about 20 envelopes left from a wedding invitation set I did and I'm trying to use them up and this little cutie fit the bill!

I first stamped my dots in SU! Tempting Turquoise ink using PTI Polka Dot Basics stamp set on to PTI's Stamper Select paper. It's so easy to line up the next group of dots using clear stamps that it took me less than a minute and I didn't have to break a sweat doing it!

I stamped my oven mitt and sentiment from Unity's Lovin' from the Oven set in the same SU! ink and PTI paper. Using my Nestabilities and Cuttlebug, I cut out the stamped oven mitt and matted it in SU! matching paper and matted it again on DCWV Glitter Stack paper. Because I lOvE glitter, and bling and all things shiny on a card.



I then used my Cricut to create the frame for the sentiment and attached them with MM brads. After the ribbon was tied, I glued down the oven mitt, attached the Prima flowers with glue dots and put the sentiment over everything with double layers of SU! dimensionals to make it really pop out. The final touch is the wonderful blob of Stickels in the center of each flower to give it some more sparkle!

I hope you liked today's card! Leave a message and let me know what you think! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

Great blog.
Great cards.
Good luck with your candy box relationship.
Happy Anniversary.
Now tell us about "the other man" in your life (in your Mix it Up entry).