Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Day at the River House: Morning Dew

I love going up to the River House because it is so untouched by people. Yes, my Mom and Dad built a big honkin' house on the River - but only so ALL of us, with our families. could spend time together. But other than the small yard that surrounds the house, the 80+ acres are untouched other than paths for the Rhino and to the tree stands for hunting. This makes a great photo opportunity for the wild flowers and plants that grow there. Take a peek!

With Fall fast approaching, it is getting brisk at night and warm during the day which means dew drops! I love the morning dew on the wild flowers and plants and a few of my pictures captured it.

This is a plant which I call Elephant Ears. I have NO idea what the real name for it is, but it grows wild on my parent's property.


You can see the little ice crystals that have formed on the plant during the night and are just starting to melt and evaporate with the morning sun.


Here are some daisy-like flowers. Again - no idea what the real name for them are. All I know is they are PURPLE and pretty and grow abundantly on the property. Do you see the dew? You can click on any picture on my blog and will get bigger.

And finally, some leaves. First from actual camera-to-object distance:

And the last shot is extreme close up of the dew. I love how dew puddles on the plants. It reminds me a freshly waxed car - except Nature waxed the plants all on it's own! Hope you liked the pictures!

No comments: