Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Cute Little Owl Thank You!

Isn't this little owl cute? He is one of the smaller owls from the Papertrey Ink set Wise Owl. You can also purchase separately the Wise Owl Bellies so that you can change the belly of the larger owl in the set. It has some very versatile pieces in it to customize your owl.


I had covered the PTI kraft card stock with the patterned paper from K & Co. a while ago, but I didn't know what I was going to do with it. If it wasn't for the pink in the paper, it would almost be like camouflage! So tonight I made it into a pocket card.















The little owl has some Crystal Effects by SU! on them. Unfortunately, when I added the CE to them, it made the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger bleed a little. But that's okay! It just gives the owl a bit more character! I could have easily Photo Shopped the bleeding out, but then it looses it's character. And after all, nothing is perfect!


I used my Nestabilities to cut out and emboss the circle that the owl is on and used a circle punch to cut the pink and the half slice out of the actual card. I colored in the owl using my Prisma Pencils and some mineral spirits just to blend them in. I also used my SU! markers to color the little flower on the inside of the card and also for the little dots.

Did you notice the little belly band? (I'm going with a belly theme here!) I used the leaf print from Pinefeather's new Rustic Branches set for PTI and stamped it in VersaMark on the Dark Chocolate PTI paper. The sentiment was stamped and then punched out using SU!'s Word Window punch and then popped up from the paper belly band.


I hope you found some inspiration from today's card. If it did inspire you - share with me a link to what you have made! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this wee owl card Pam - fab colour combo.