Sunday, December 14, 2008

The little things make the biggest difference...

Remember my post from last week, where I stated I might need a bit of help tweeking a packaging? Well, I decided to not do any tweeking simply because my original design was too complicated to mass produce.


I wanted to 'wrap' a piece of Ferrero Rocher - yummy hazelnut/chocolate/cruncy/melt-in-your-mouth goodness.....





They come in a large plastic tray and each piece is already pre-wrapped in gold foil with a little cup-cake like base as you can see below...




Below is my original concept...Keep in mind this was a prototype and an original first time creation...nothing fancy but just an idea of what might have become.



And this is the bottom view....




Because there were so many I had to do to give as a little gift to everyone at work, the thought of having to glue, stamp and hold together for a bit for the glue to dry, the impracticality of it hit me, and I quickly changed course to my favorite all time thing to make - little origami boxes. No glue, no staples, just paper folding at it's finest!!

And because I have fallen in love with the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding set, it was my go-to papers for the lids! I originally went to PTI's papers for the base colors, but alas, they were just a bit too thick to do the origami folding and I used SU! papers, which, while they did okay, were still a bit too thick and I did encounter some cracking, but it was manageable. Below are all the little boxes all stacked up. But this is only half of them - there is a another load I did, but I couldn't configure them all into one photo!



I hope this has inspired you to look beyond your first thought to tweak on your own! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: