Sunday, January 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop



If you have never Blog Hopped before, go to the PTI Forum and check it out. It's a lot of fun and you can get a lot of ideas from everyone who participates! The theme for the blog hop this month is Birthday cards.

I decided to make a waterfall card, because who doesn't like a card with a bit of action to it? I made one once back in 2005, (you can see it in my SCS gallery) but I haven't made one since.....until today!



The idea behind a waterfall card is that as you pull down on the piece of ribbon at the bottom, the cards flip up and under and reveal the square below it.







And finally, after the ribbon has been fully pulled down and all the squares have flipped, the final sentiment is revealed!



I've tried to capture the card in action....











































The Ingredients:
All items by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Lavender Moon, Stampers Select White
Ink: Lavender Moon and Raspberry Fizz
Stamps: Wise Owl
Eyelets: Stampopotomus.com (I don't know if they exist anymore?)
Misc: Spellbinders Label Two dies

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your Blog Hop!

26 comments:

Jak Heath said...

How cute, I love cards with surprises.

Latisha said...

This is so cool!

IamDerby said...

Awesomness! Is that a word? Love the interactive portion of this card and also you are using one of my most favorite sets eva!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhhh, a waterfall! Nicely done and love those sweet owls!

Marge said...

This is fabulous; I've made a few & know these take patience and good directions!!! Great job & I adore Wise Old Owl myself!!!

Gwen said...

I just love those little owls!!! so cute on your card!!!

Lori said...

cute!!!

Jen Caputo said...

Ooohh I love the waterfall card - so fun for the recipient!

Deanna said...

Love it! I haven't made a waterfall card in ages! Definitely putting it on my to do list!

Regan said...

what a stinkin cute card!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what an awesome card! Very nice!

Babies-Beth said...

What a great idea! Such a hoot!

Lizzie Jones said...

Cute card! Thank you for sharing!

Savitri said...

Wow, awesome card! Super cute!

Amy said...

Oh, great card! Never thought to use the owls on a waterfall card. Cute!

Sharon said...

What an awesome job on the card!!

Chris said...

love the waterfall-ness!!

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the pink owls. I've wanted to try a waterfall card for a while, but I haven't yet. Great job!

Kathleen said...

What a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Chrissy said...

This is so cool!

Lori said...

What a cute waterfall card! I haven't made one of these in ages--thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

Awesome waterfall card, I love your new banner also. Great job f or this hop challenge ;)

Donelda said...

Great job on your waterfall card!! I love all the pretty pink!!

Banu said...

WOW, neat card. Loved it.

Bonnie said...

How very original! Love it!

Unknown said...

Oh wow Serendipity!!!! this is genius - love it!!