
Mahalo! Mahalo nui loa! Thank you! Thank you very much! You've just had a lesson in how to speak Hawaiian. Did you know the Hawaiian alphabet consists of only 12 letters? There are the 5 vowels: a, e, i, o and u. And 7 consonants: h, k, l, m, n, p, w. How do I know this? My son lives there and I had the opportunity to visit him last year the week before Christmas. It was wonderful, to say the least and if you haven't ever been, I highly suggest going once in your life.

I also stopped in at a local scrapbook store called Paper Island. They have just about every imaginable Hawaiian themed paper you could want! I picked up a bunch of 12x12 paper to make origami boxes and to do my Hawaiian scrapbook with, as well as some embellishments and stamps. Like the mahalo stamp on this card. It was a fun trip and I know I'll be going again!

The Deets: Paper by PTI and DCWV. Pineaple stamp from First Fruits by PTI. Mahalo stamp by Rubber Stamp Plantation. Flowers by Petaloo. Gemstones by The Paper Studio.

No comments:
Post a Comment