Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brown and Pink - a great color combination!

Dark brown and pink have become a very popular color combo for a few years now, and I think it has become a classic combo and for me it reminds me of the end of summer. Kind of like how red and green are for Christmas and orange, black and purple are for Halloween. Pink and Brown are, for me anyways, a reminder of summer starting to leave and fall starting to take over. The days can still be scorchers, but the nights are getting just a bit cooler.

Sometimes I get in the mood where I just have to make a project. Something a little more than a card, but nothing so complicated it will take me forever. Enter in the treat box and matching card.


The treat box is from a template I found on SCS. I've also done this with an origami box out of 12x12 sized paper which holds more candy.


This box will hold 6 Hersey Nuggets, as you can see below. I also stamped and wrapped the nuggets as a finishing touch - it's all about the details!



Do you see how sparkly the butterfly is? Both the butterfly on the card and on the box are quite pretty.


The Deets: All items by PTI. Glitter Pen by Sakura. Opaque white pen by Inkssentials. Dew Drops by Robin's Nest.

1 comment:

Cate said...

Love the brown and pink color combination too. When I get to redoing our master bedroom, which is last on the list, going with chocolate brown walls and hot pink accents. Hoping The Husband won't notice the pink with the majority being brown. ;)