So, granted, these cartridges are designed for the Cricut Expression to be able to do the envelopes and cards in full size, but I have found I don't NEED an envelope that bad to make a card! I just make the card the size I need and away I go! The cartridge that I picked up is the Wild Card....great for making shaped cards (in my case without coordinating envelopes)!
So on with what I did....First photo....Card front.....I used PTI Spring Rain as the base. Then I used a few pieces of DCWV Glitter Stack to cut out the cupcake and candle/fame element.

Then I cut out the 'frosting' with PTI White Shimmer and the Dew Drops just added the perfect 'sprinkles' to the card....

The final touch to it was the Glossy Accents to the flame to give it a bit of shine...because you know I'm all about the gloss, shine, bling where I can fit it in!!!

BUT WAIT....there is more......
You have to see what I did to the INSIDE....

I incorporated the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment with the same cartridge with the same size and cut it out to 'hide' under the outside card dimension....A perfect card without - I KNOW - no stamping!!! I'm not giving up on stamping Heck NO!!! Stamping will ALWAYS be in my life....TTFN!!
Edited to add...I was in NO way, shape or form compensated by Provo Craft by any means...this was just my way of offering a bit of what I have come up with in my own way!!!

13 comments:
Very cute! I don't own any die-cutting machine (only the Cuttlebug) and I'm always amazing what people can do with them! Thanks for sharing!
That is so cool! What a cute cupcake! And its made of paper, so I could eat it! (not that I would, just sayin') And may I ask, why do you need people to feed the turtles on the side of your blog? Do you not take care of your pets?
Fun review and cute cupcake card!
How fun is this! Those dewdrops are a perfect touch and I LOVE how the card opens. Nice going!
oh, and I'm positively overfeeding those turtles of yours!
What a cool card. Don't make me buy a Cricut. The dew drops add just the right amount of bling.
Wow, now that is how to use our cricut! Great job!
This is a very cute card! I love all the little touches and sparkle. Great job!
Oh I love this!!! What a super cute card! I love the cupcake on front and all the fun details!!
You did a great job. I would so love to own a Cricut. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year. LOL
SOOO CUTE!!! I just used this cartridge today! It is one of my FAVORITES! I have yet to make the cupcake... but I think I NEED to now!! :)
Wow this is great! I rarely use my cricut, maybe I should start!
This is so cute! Although I could swear I'm having deja vu because I thought I posted a comment on thisu card already, but nothing is here. Its very nice! I like the happy colors and the dimension.
I love my cricut expression. I just got it a month ago and I already need a new blade.
theprovidentwoman.com
Post a Comment