"The magazine will be published and available for downloads in December for $3 an issue. For $3 you will get a copy of a magazine full of ideas and concepts on how to use a color combination and creative elements on your projects. I am also incorporating video into the magazine for you to see how I make my cards using the color palette and provide helpful tips and tricks."
How cool is that??? Only $3???? That is so freaking CHEAP (cough, cough,....I mean INEXPENSIVE!!!)
So, playing along with her color challenge, I jumped in, and I just have to say, CHALLENGE indeed!! Whew! I would never 'thunk' up these colors together on one card! But I'm a basic kind of gal....two colors YES, three or for colors, plus a pattern....NO! But that is what a challenge is all about! So.....for your consideration, here is my take on the challenge...

I started out with PTI Vintage Cream cardstock cut down to 4.25x4.25....a cute little square card that can be mailed or just tucked into a gift bag, and stamped some dots using PTI's Polka Dots Basic stamp set in Baroque Burgundy.....I don't own Bravo Burgundy ink so I improvised!!! I cut out some flower images on my Baby Bug (original Cricut) in Stampin' Up! colors Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun and layered them all on top....but it was soooooo flat! So I did a little trick....which a lot of you may already know, but if you don't, stick with me here. Paper has layers...and SU! cardstock can be broken down into two layers with a little bit of manipulating. All you have to do is take a bone folder to the paper and pretend like it's a bit of Christmas ribbon that you want to make curly. Bend the paper along your bone folder....front to back..forwards and backwards, and WA-LAH...you will find that the paper separates! Which makes for the dimension of the flowers on my card!!!
Here is a shot of the inside of the card......

The buttons and ribbon are PTI Scarlet Jewel the colors almost match with SU! Baroque Burgundy!
I used Diamond Stickles on the buttons on the front, and a bit on the inside. You may not be able to see it in my pictures, but each layer of the flowers on the outside and the single flower on the inside are stamped in VersaMark with the single circle from the same PTI set - Polka Dot Basics.

That's all for today, thanks for stopping by!!!

13 comments:
Very unique card! I love it.
Pretty!
This is so cute! Love the buttons inside the flower and the inside of the card looks great!
Cool colors. And that is one NEAT flower.
Pam this is FABULOUS! I so gotta peek at the site.. I have seen it before linked.. sounds GREAT! :)
That is a very cool card. I love the colors. Thanks for the magazing info as well.
I really like the flower!! The layers look great :)
Awesome flower and attention to detail! Thanks for playing along with Embellish!
Great card ! I'm all about the layers and extras ! Oh,.......... I think I overfed your turtles! Are they suppose to turn green? (giggle) ;o) Tracy
Your layered flower is great!!!
Love your button accents. Great job with the embellish challenge.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Cute! I like the flower! :)
Thanks so much for joining us in Polka Dot Paradise!
Post a Comment