Sunday, November 9, 2008

Turkey Magnet

I was inspired by Angie Kennedy Juda's turkey made entirely with Stampin' Up! punches to attempt to make my own little turkey. I decided to turn it into a magnet, so it will, hopefully, get some use out of it. I'm making these for the 30 or so people who will be going to my Aunt's house on Thanksgiving Day, as well as the 20 people at my MIL's house. I think I'm going to be a little busy!



I used a mixture of Stampin' Up! and Papertrey Ink papers and since I don't own all the punches, I improvised. For the feathers and body, I used my circle Nestabilities. I used a standard hole punch for the buttons down the front. For the hat I used PTI's 3/4" square punch. And for the feet, I used an old star punch - you can see that detail on the back. I then used the 3/4" square punch to punch thru the magnetic material to adhere to the back. I also replaced the punched paper eyes with googlie eyes I had from a previous project.



Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have been inspired!

2 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

well, how cute is that little turkey!!!!

Unknown said...

OOOhh this is neat!! well done that woman! OMG 50 of these guys!!!! you'll be busy.