Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Card

I made this card for The 'Other Man' in My Life along with a little turkey magnet. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I really dislike how it kind of gets pushed to the side between Halloween and Christmas. To me, Thanksgiving is all about getting together to have a great meal made with love, conversation with family and friends and the true meaning of Thanksgiving....Giving thanks to God for what we have been given! It always has been and will forever remain my very favorite holiday.

So on to the card!!!



I started with a base of PTI Kraft Cardstock and stamped the background in SU! Chocolate Chip ink with my Paper Inspiration Linen Texture stamp. I picked up the stamp from an Archiver's store several years ago....I have no idea if they still carry it or not. I wanted a base to add layers to and this stamp fit the bill!

As you can see in the photo, I cut the 8.5 x 11 card stock in half on the 8.5 side and folded along the 11" side to have it stand upright.

In the photo below, you can seen the stamped sentiment and frame. I used my Cricut to cut out the frame from SU! Pumpkin Pie and PTI Dark Chocolate papers. I adhered a piece of PTI Ripe Avacado ribbon around the layers and attached the cut out sentiment to the ribbon using pop dots. The brads are from Making Memories. The gourd paper is by K&Co.



For the inside I added a few cut out gourds from the same K&Co. patterned paper and a piece of PTI Vintage Cream which had been sponged around the edge with SU! Pumpkin Pie ink. The inside looks a little messed up because I wrote on the inside before I had an opportunity to photograph it so I had to white out the words! BLAH!



I used the Card Positioning Systems layout of the week for inspiration for today's card. If you are ever at a loss as to a layout for your card check here first! They have a ton of great layouts!

I hope you enjoyed today's card. I'm not promising any more frequent blogging right now, as the holidays are fast approaching and my family comes first. But I do have a few extra days off next week, so hopefully I'll be able to be posting more. Thanks for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is so great! I too love Thanksgiving!!! And wish we had more time to focus on it...it is my fave holiday of the year! Thanks for playing along with us at CPS this week!!!