Sunday, August 2, 2009

Papertrey Princesses Challenge!

It's my turn to come up with the Papertrey Princesses blogging group challenge this week, and it was a challenge! I had sooooo many ideas and I finally decided upon owls - the nocturnal creature that has become a trend in the stamping world. So ladies, break out those owls and use them!! (If you don't own any owls, any winged creature will do. If you don't own any winged creature, any animal will suffice!)

Oh and one other thing - it has to be mail-able. By that I mean it has to fit in a regular A2 size envelope and be able to be mailed through regular post. No hand cancel, no padded envelope - just pop it in an envelope and mail it.

With that being said, here is what I came up with.....



Most items on this card are by Papertrey Ink. If you want to know specifics, just leave a comment and I'll reply back.

This is actually a little card - only 4.25 x 4.25 square card. I've been playing around with different sized cards to use up a whole sheet of 8.5 x 11 card stock and making cards that aren't your normal A2 size. It's kind of fun to figure out how to use up your paper, especially your scraps.

The base is Enchanted Evening, followed by Kraft and Stampers Select. I used the Wise Owls and Out on a Limb for the main images. I used a bit of the leaf 'ribbon' on the front too - it seemed to fit with my stamped image.

I used a touch of glossy accents to the eyes - one of my favorite things to do. I used it once on a card I gave to my Aunt. She is a big fan of any card I give to her and she asked what and how I did that. My response was, "Ancient stamping secret!". She wasn't happy about that but it made me giggle!!



As a final touch, I finished out the inside of my card (as usual!).




Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

B said...

Fun challenge! Can't wait to try it!

Melissa said...

Great challenge...I'll start digging to find an owl! Your card is beautiful! My mom just left after a week visit and we miss her, so I know how you feel!

BethieJ said...

SOOOO CUTE! and I just got some owls in the mail! I will have to figure out a card...

IamDerby said...

So cute!!! I love wise owl! I am still out of town, but when I get back I will get right on this!!

peggysue said...

Oh that's really cute! Here it is Monday already and I just saw the challenge, what a great idea. I needed a bit of a push to get the mojo moving again, so now I have an idea. Thanks!

Mara Campbell said...

Great challenge!! I love how you did the inside of your card, it looks awesome!