Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and mothers-to-be! It's actually nice outside for a change! But don't worry - it won't last long. We have a saying around here that if you don't like the weather right now, give it five minutes and it will change!
I'm going to be showing you what I've made for my Mother-in-Law. My own mother's day gift to give to my mother hasn't even been started, but I have until Tuesday to get it done. And quite frankly, I don't even know if I'll give her anything other than a card because she doesn't use anything I make for her, but we'll see.
So for my MIL, I made her a card (of course!), a little coin purse and a set of six drink coasters. Only two coasters are pictured.
Below is a close up of the card. I sewed on a couple of scraps of the same material used to make the coin purse and coasters. Do you notice a theme here with the material used throughout?
And of course, a picture of the inside.....
Here is a picture of the coin purse. This is not my original pattern. I found it on the internet here. It is VERY easy to make and it is so cute! I'm going to be whipping up a couple more of these this week to keep on hand to add to the nieces, nephews and grandkids presents throughout the year. Speaking of grandkids, we just found out last week that my step son and daughter in law are expecting their fourth child which will bring our grandchildren total up to seven!!! YIPEEEE!!!
The front of the little purse has a pocket that will hold your ID or credit cards or even business cards, and the little strap has a snap sewn on it to keep them secure.
The whole purse is lined...
And finally a picture of the drink coasters. The instructions for these can be found here. And talk about simple!! It took me less than five minutes to make one of these and it's a great way to use up some of your fabric scraps sitting around.
Thanks for stopping by today! I'm not going to list all the supplies used, but if you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will edit this post with any answers. Have some fun today!!!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
What fabulous gifts!
awe! so cute. Really sweet of you to make such thoughtful gifts. :)
Post a Comment