Friday, February 18, 2011

Make It Mondays with Papertrey Ink - Week of 02/14/11

I decided to play along with PTI's Make It Mondays challenge to use a strip of vellum with the sentiment on it.  I had forgotten how much I dislike using vellum - it's so persnickity and fussy, but I do like how it looks, so this truly was a challenge for me.  I heat embossed the sentiment on the vellum using gold embossing powder.  I really like how it turned out.  And the glittery patterned paper perfectly match the flower image from the Garden of Life set. 



I stuck a couple of straight pins into the ribbon, not only to give it a bit of character, but also to hold the ribbon in place!  It wouldn't do what I wanted it to do so it got stuck!  That will teach it to mess with me!  LOL!


Here is a close up of the glitter paper - it's sooooooo sparkle-y in real life - I think I'll make another one into a birthday card!



I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Anyone can enter - the details are all right here. Thanks for stopping by!



The Details:

Paper:  PTI Stampers Select White and Pure Poppy

Patterned Paper:  DCWV Citrus Stack

Stamps:  PTI Beyond Basic Borders and Garden of Life

Ribbon:  PTI Orange Zest Twill

Vellum Paper:  SU!

Embossing Powder:  Gold Glory by SU!

Ink:  SU! Only Orange, Real Red, Glorious Green

Die:  PTI Mat Stack #3

Miscellaneous:  Straight pins

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Pretty! Great job with the embossing on the vellum strip. Clever way to make that ribbon submit! :)

IamDerby said...

Loving all the sparkle!

B said...

Lovely!