Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's time for another challenge!!!



Embellish Magazine is having another color challenge this week. You can read about it here. And here is my card which I also made an envelope to put it in.....



I didn't deviate from the challenge at all this time, using PTI Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush and True Black with all the colors you see on the card. Some of the photos came out over exposed and the Sweet Blush may look a bit like white, but trust me, it is Sweet Blush. For as small as this card and envelope are, there are A LOT of different manufacturers and products going on here! The card itself is teeny-tiny....only 2.5" long by 2" wide! For the envelope, I used Lauren Meader's envelope formula.



I used Fiskars Hearts punch for the corner rounder/trio of hearts. I did a search on the Fiskars site trying to find this particular punch but it isn't on there so I'm wondering if it's discontinued. It's actually a cool little punch because it's a three-in-one corner punch. On two of the punches, it punches hearts and rounds the corner and on the third punch it just punches out hearts. I bought is last summer when I had the daunting task of making 300 wedding invitations in a month. Got it all done, but only with the help of my DIL!!!! Thanks C!!!

Anyways, the little tag is an SU! tag punch which I used on Sweet Blush paper. Once again, because I'm using what I have, I'm not sure if the tag punch from SU! is the small tag punch or what they are calling the tag punch. It measures 1.625" tall by 2.375" wide. Hope that helps!

The ribbon is SU! Gingham ribbon and SUCCESS!!! They still carry it!!! You can find it here. I love that it's so narrow...perfect for these little tiny cards.

The red eyelet is from Making Memories and I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it's heart shaped!!! SWEET!!! Once again...not on their web site...sorry.

GEEZE!!! This post is becoming all about what I have that isn't available any more! I guess I had better start cleaning out my stash of stuff instead of hoarding it all. But after nine years of stamping and scrapping, look at what I can do with what I couldn't bare to part with when I first bought it. But that's one of my resolutions.....USE IT! Don't look at it and say how pretty it is but I can't bear to part with it. Otherwise you end up like me and this post ~ BLAH!!

The outside sentiment is from SU! Small Script stamped it PTI True Black ink. The stamp was from the 2005-2006 Hostess category from Stampin' Up.

The little red outline heart is from EK Success....again, bought it last summer for the wedding invites and again....not on their web site. I guess that's what happens when you are not on any kind of stamping/paper crafting/embellishment design team. You make due with what you got!!! But what I love about this little punch is that it punches out a smaller heart which I used on the inside of the card....



The sentiment is, again SU! Wonderful Words II....and once again, not available. I must be in flashback mode to use soooooo many things that are not around any more. But that's okay - it's keeping up with the challenge that was posted.

Up next is the teeny-tiny envelope I made to put the teeny-tiny card into.



I cut the envelope from PTI Sweet Blush cardstock and stamped all over it using Waltzingmouse Stamps. The solid heart and outlined heart are from the Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy stamp set and the trio of hearts is from the Half Baked Gingerbread Joy stamp set. That Claire is such a hoot some times!! You really should follow her blog, and her stamp sets are amazing. I think it's because she lives 'across the pond' that she brings such s fresh perspective to everything here.

The red heart punched out to hold the envelope closed with a glue dot is again from SU! and AGAIN....discontinued! WHATEVER!

And here are a few random pictures of the items......



































































So tell me....what product can you not give up because you like it so much!?!? Thanks for stopping by!!!

10 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I can't give up my copic airbrush, I have been having so much fun with it.

Great heart items, good luck!shr

Anonymous said...

Love the design of your card and envelope! Thanks for playing along with us!

IamDerby said...

Soo cute! You did a great job! I really love my PTI stamps I use them soo much

Mara Campbell said...

Both cards are so pretty!! I love all the hearts and the tag on the front. Great job!! And I would have to say buttons...I have millions but can't pass them up!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

What a great tag and the matching envelope is cute! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Diane said...

Your card and envie and so adorable! What product could I not give up? My Cricut!

Lee said...

Cute card and I love the envelope.

Maile Belles said...

Cute card! The punched hearts are a great touch! So glad you could play along with us over at Embellish!

B said...

Lovely! What a cute idea with the envie and the hear corners and the stamped pp!

BethieJ said...

FABULOUS!! I adore this Pam.. such a cute card and envelope!!!