Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Latest From Waltzingmouse Stamps!

I've been playing with Claire's first sets for a while, but I haven't posted any of my projects....yet!!! But when I saw this little house in her second release, I was simply inspired to do it simply.



I stamped the image with black PTI ink directly on to my PTI kraft paper and used my Prismacolor pencils to color it in. I didn't use anything else! And I used the colored pencils without blending with mineral spirits or anything - I just colored directly onto the paper.

And the sentiments and sayings in this set are so much fun! I stamped the saying in the same black PTI ink directly onto the card stock again.



And of course I decorated the inside!! I don't consider a card done unless I do something to it on the inside! But that's just me....I love to get any kind of hand-made card! In keeping with the simplicity of the card, I only used the little square knot stamp included in the set, in each corner.



Thanks for looking and leave a comment to let me know what you think!!! I have a little 'Christmas in July' project I'm working on. I just hope I can get all of it done and posted before July is over! My 3 month old grandson and his mommy are coming for at least a week-long visit and I have to give up my stamping room so they have some place to sleep. Oh well, the sacrifices we Gma's have to make!! I take it any day!!!

Bye!

9 comments:

IamDerby said...

This is gorgeous! I just love Claire and her illustrations. You are making me think I need this set.

B said...

Love the pure simplicity of this card and the coloring on kraft is fab! Hope you have a great week with your grandson!

peggysue said...

Nicely done as a simple card, I think it compliments the stamp very well.

Cheryl said...

I'm so excited to see someone use this set. Claire is an absolute genius, don't you think?

Your card is very pretty and soothing, and I like how you stamped on the inside. Great job.

Unknown said...

This card is just gorgeous - very, very beautifully done, thank you.

BethieJ said...

Pam the card is LOVELY!! Have a GREAT visit with your DD and DGS!!!

Mara Campbell said...

Wow ,this is really pretty. I love the kraft paper for a base and what a great sentiment!!

Lee said...

You did a great job with this card. Lovely colouring.

Katy Myhre said...

Great Card! I love the new sets.