Monday, November 28, 2011

Make It Monday #43: Ribbon Pleating

Hi there!  Haven't been in here for a while.  It's full on craft fair season and I've been in the thick of it since October!  Hence my absence on the blog.  Thankfully, the last craft fair I will be participating in this year is this Saturday.  Because I've only been doing craft fair items over and over and nothing fun just for me, I took a look over at Nichole's blog and the Make it Monday video you can find here.  So I decided to jump in and do it in between projects that I'm currently working on.
 



Somehow, recently, kraft paper has been used a lot in my projects.  Perhaps it's with the winter air moving in and the snow flakes that were trying so hard to stick this afternoon that I find myself using it more.  The edges were brushed with white ink and the corners rounded.





I used PTI top notch twill in Scarlet Jewel and Pinefeather adhered down with Scoretape.  However, I think I need to get thicker Scoretape for this project.  I was using the 1/8th inch size and it wasn't holding very well.  I added some glue dots to make it more secure.




 The 'O Christmas Tree sentiment from the Merry and Bright set was stamped at the bottom to make it look like the trunk of the tree.




And finally a little star was punched out and glittered to make it's way to the top of the ribbon tree!


Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave me a comment - I always like to hear what you think!  And I promise to be back more after the holiday season is over. 


13 comments:

Nancy Guse said...

This is awesome!! Great idea with the ribbon!

Suzie said...

I LOVE your take on the MIM project. Beautiful! :)

Marcie Rhys said...

Love your tree. I tried the same but smaller - no go. I like the fact that you didn't try to flatten your pleated ribbon. Just lovely.

Sadie said...

What a cute idea! Love your tree of wrinkled ribbon.

Marybeth said...

Sooo pretty you did a wonderful job on the pleating. Congrats on your shout out from Nichole!

missy said...

Love the pleated tree. great idea.

Helen F. said...

Oh how fun! Your pleated ribbons are a beautiful tree :o)

Joyce said...

What a clever idea to make a tree out of pleated ribbon. And, congratulations on the shout out from Nicole.

carol (krillsister) said...

What a clever idea to make a tree out of pleated ribbon. Cute star topper.
Thanks for the tip about using glu dots too. I used 1/4 inch score tape & some of my pleats were popping up.

Tracey McNeely said...

Your pleated tree is genious. Just beautiful.

Suzanne Russell said...

Great take on the challenge. The card is beautiful!

Mad for Paper said...

Just lovely, what a great idea.
TFS
Ang

BethieJ said...

Pam this is FANTASTIC! I LOVE the ribbon tree! Great job on the MIM!!
Happy Holidays!