I've been given the opportunity to present the Papertrey Princesses with a new challenge. In the paper craft world, scoring paper is every where, PTI partner Nichole has done it numerous times here and here (there is a whole slew of scoring on Nichole's blog...just type in scoring on her search engine and you will see a ton of ideas!), Gina K. has a new one on her site here and of course the makers of Scor-Pal have a plethora of scoring ideas you can find on their web site here.
I only bought a Scor-Pal about a year ago, thinking I would only use it to make my folds in my cards more precise. I didn't imagine it would open up a whole other opportunity for making unique, easy cards....but it has!!!
Now if you are saying to yourself that you don't own a scoring tool, that's okay....like Jerry Seinfeld says, "It's not that there is anything wrong with that." because there is a work-around.....just use a ruler and a bone folder or something that will indent your paper, usually I would use a pen that didn't have any ink in it any more.
Okay....enough about my ramblings....on with the card.....
I had to make a wedding shower card for the people at work to sign. It had to be non-glitter (BOO!) and something that would hold up to a LOT of people touching it. This is it....


The base is PTI Summer Sunrise, patterned paper by Cosmo Cricket (not sure what the name is, it was given to me by a friend), and some PTI Orange Zest. Her favorite color is orange, so I had to be sure to incorporate that too! A couple of Robins Nest Dew Drops for accents....and the scoring...


There is no inside view....I left it all blank so everyone could include their own little messages like they always do, so the more room available the better!
So, to my Papertrey Princesses, your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to create some kind of background/focal image using scoring in any way, shape or form. This message will self-destruct in five seconds.....(name that TV show if you are that young or movie series if you are that old!;) Most of all, just have fun and if you don't own the tool, use your imagination...that's what creating is all about!!!
Until next time.....Keep your crafty mojo going!

14 comments:
What a pretty card and a GREAT challenge! I know just what I'm going to do!
oooh...your scored frame is awesome Pam. Can't wait to attempt THIS challenge, thanks!
Great job! I love the orange.
Great Challenge Idea. Can't wait to try it. I'm already thinking of ideas.
Lovely colors and great challenge!
Ooh great challenge! Can't wait to create!
Great challenge! I love your card!
I love your card! The colors are great, and the scoring looks nice, too.
I just posted mine on my blog...
I'm here visiting in hopes of finding some mojo! LOL Great card! I still haven't done this challenge. Guess I need to get to it.
Hey, what happened to my comment I posted here last week?
Anyway, I LOVED this challenge Pam, and your scored frame is so cool. I wanted to do the same thiung, but that would be tacky, no?!
Very pretty card and color combo. The scoring almost looks like weaving. Love the challenge!
Pam I LOVE this.. the colors are so PRETTY!!!
Have a GREAT day!
Love your scoring on this card. It looks so clean and elegant.
Thanks for the great challenge. I did manage to get it done.
Post a Comment