Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2: Papertrey Ink 3rd Birthday Celebration!!!

Well, all of you know my heart belongs to PTI, so it's no surprise I'm playing along with the challenge today over on Nichole's blog. I'm hoping to use all nine images, but I have been up since midnight last night unable to sleep and I'm hoping to get some normal sleep tonight!! I see several people have already linked up for all nine images....I wish I had the time!!

I fell in love with Becky's image....so simple, sweet, unusual all at once. I originally printed it on some watercolor paper with the intention of water coloring it, but my printer ink refused to dry, so I just colored it in with colored pencils on Stamper's Select white card stock, popped it up on Spring Rain and called it a day! Did you notice the shadowing on the house??;)



I colored the balloon red because I wanted that to be the focal point and then added Ranger Glossy Accents to it to make it stand out a bit more.



For the inside I stamped the sentiment from last year's anniversary set with Pure Poppy ink in the center, cut out another balloon, glued it down and had it 'tie' around the letter Y by using a black ballpoint pen. I used some more Glossy Accents on that balloon too.



That's it for now - I'm hoping to be back for more but I have to type up a bunch of papers for church so who knows. Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Val said...

That card is awesome. It came out so cute. Just perfect!

Mara Campbell said...

I love that image and you did a great job with it! And the inside with that balloon...toooo cute!!