There is your "I learned something new today" factoid! I lOvE Honu (pronounced HO-new). They are fascinating to me.
Okay - back to the card. I picked up a couple of Honu stamps from Rubber Stamp Plantation.

The base is made with PTI Ocean Tides cardstock. PTI Spring Rain for the layering mat and Memory Box patterned paper, along with PTI Stampers Select White. I used my Nestabilities to cut and mat the circle images.

Above is a pic of the my big Honu all glitterfied....actually, I was fine with the way my big Honu looked and was done with the card. But as I let my mind wander, I felt that he needed to be sparkel-ly. So, I mixed a bit of SU! blue and green glitter, and applied it with my Martha ball-roller glue pen.
Below is a pic of the inside of the card...

And below is a close up of the inside....

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:
Very very cute! I love the glitter you added to his shell, just such a great card!
Wonderful! I grew up in Hawaii and loved seeing the honu in the ocean..they were very endangered when I was a kid but since they have been protected they are now everywhere! Hubby and I went back for a visit in fall of 2005 and i had never seen so many...love your card, makes me miss Hawaii!!
I remember these from when we were in Hawaii! Your colors are fabulous.
That is so cool! I love that stamp. Great colors too.
Very cool! Love the colors and the sponging
Thanks for the lesson! I do enjoy learning new things. And the glitterified honu looks great. I don't have any Ocean Tides CS yet, intend to rectify that on my next PTI order.
Well I never knew what Honu was.. now I do! LOVE the colors you used on the card Pam!
Such a pretty card! I love the colors you used.
This card came out great! I love the colors and image.Great job!
Lovely card. The colour combo is perfect!
Love this! The glitter is perfect!
Post a Comment